[CALUG] 64 bit OS

Russ rmain at polaris.umuc.edu
Wed Aug 22 12:31:13 EDT 2007

Calug,

Thanks for all the input.  Originally I wanted to dual boot Windoze, but I
find that my Seagate Barracuda's (ST3250824AV and ST3160) are not on the
HCL for XP Pro. I'm not sure if their on the HCL for Vista, but I'm told
probably not.  So, I'm pretty fed up with Windoze, and I was considering a
full switch to Linux and maybe using something like Samba to access my old
files on the old XP Pro system. Note: I know very little about Samba

thanks

Russ