[CALUG] Linux choices

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Thu Dec 20 09:10:00 EST 2007

Another good "learning" linux is Linux From Scratch. I personally don't run
it myself on anything I use, but I've built a few versions of it to gain a
better understanding of how the linux OS works. You work from the build
chain up, with great documentation from the distribution authors, watching
how the whole linux machine is put together.
The one popular distribution I know of that uses LFS for its production
releases is the firewall application, IPCop (http://www.ipcop.org)

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

Keith