[CALUG] Mailing list config change

Jim Sansing jjsansing at verizon.net
Wed Jul 11 22:35:07 EDT 2007

Now that the list has been operational for several months,
the spambots are finding it.  We have been deleting spam
manually, but are now going to delete it automatically.

In the time I have been watching it, only 1 legit email was
held, and I think the reason was the size.  There is a limit
of 40K on each email, and that one was a job posting.  So,
FYI, if you are sending something large, like a job posting,
try to put a web page link in it.  Also, you might want to
make sure that emails you send to the list are sent to you
to be sure they don't get deleted.

If there is an extraordinarily good reason for raising the
limit, we will, but for now, we are going to be kind to
Clinton's server.

Later . . .    Jim