[CALUG] fest day at howard library: dua boot

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Fri Jul 20 11:02:03 EDT 2007

Making a laptop dual boot is really no different than a desktop. If you've
got Vista on the laptop, you'll probably have to use a newer linux
distribution for it to auto-recognize it as the other OS (I know only
7.04of Ubuntu will auto-recognize Vista when installing. Previous
versions don't
see it). But, if you're familiar with configuring the bootloader yourself,
it's probably not as much an issue.

Just make sure you've got the free hard drive space for the second OS, and
you've really got nothing to worry about.