[CALUG] trouble mounting usb cdrw

Russ rmain at polaris.umuc.edu
Tue Jul 24 09:20:48 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to mount a usb cdrw.  I get the error "mount: scd0 is not a
valid block device".  The command I issued was
"mount -t iso9660 -o rw /dev/scd0 /mnt/usb_cdrw".  I've tried other
device names as well. I've looked in /var/log/messages /var/log/syslog
/var/log/debug and I dont see anything that I recognize indicating what
the problem might be. I dont have a lot of experience with Linux so I may
have missed something in those files.  Can someone point me in the right
direction or tell me what should I be looking for?

Using
Slackware 10.1 kernel 2.4.29

Sincerely,

Russ Main