[CALUG] Security Engineer Needed ASAP

Chuck Fullerton cfullerton at tenablesecurity.com
Wed Mar 21 10:43:15 EDT 2007

Tenable Network Security is seeking a qualified security engineer to assist
in our product testing and quality assurance efforts. The position requires
directly working with Tenable's entire product suite, and will have input to
future direction of our products.  Knowledge of IT security and networking
is required.

Most IT skills will be exercised to some degree in this position. While not
the focus, experience with Linux and Windows systems design, installation,
configuration, administration, as well as familiarity with software
development environments will all be helpful skills.  Technical writing and
trouble-shooting skills are a must, and script writing is a plus.

Previous experience with the following is not required, but is helpful and
will be expected to be learned as needed:
 - UNIX and Windows systems administration
 - VMWare multiple OS environments (Linux & Windows)
 - The Nessus vulnerability scanner
 - Passive network traffic capture and analysis technologies; network
sniffing.
 - Network and system event log analysis
 - Enterprise security management and intrusion detection systems
 - Concurrent Versioning System (CVS)
 - Linux and Windows applications development environments

Only US citizens will be considered for this position.

Please feel free to apply at www.tenablesecurity.com or simply reply to this
email.