[CALUG] CALUG Meeting Ideas

Jim Sansing jjsansing at verizon.net
Tue May 15 10:59:41 EDT 2007

>From Brandon's original post, it sounds like he is
suggesting that we take the main commands for
admin'ing various components and describe the
arguments and result fields for them.  This will
require some background info, but not detailed
internals.  Sort of an interactive HOWTO.

>From some of the follow-ups, it seems like some
folks want to move into more advanced topics,
such as security and development.  I expect that
within this group, we can cover all of the basics
and a lot of advanced topics

I created a web page based on Brandon's list and
ftp'ed it to calug.org (Bernie, when you get a
chance please post it, including a link on the meetings
page, and let Chuck know--thanks.)  I suggest that
anyone who will take a topic or wants to add to the
list, send Chuck Fullerton an email.

The main thing to remember about making a
presentation is that it is about sharing information.
I did a presentation on subversion after working
with it for about 6 months.  There were several
questions I couldn't answer, but other people at
the meeting pitched in.  So you don't have to be
an uber-geek and you can be sure that CALUG
members appreciate your effort.

Later . . .   Jim