[CALUG] FW: LUG News from Pearson Education User Group Program

Chuck Fullerton cfullerton at tenablesecurity.com
Wed Nov 7 15:42:10 EST 2007

Here is a snippet of news that may be useful.

If you've received a book at one of the CALUG meetings, Pearson Education
requests that you send comments on the books to the email address below.

There's also some other news as well as a discount for LUG Members.

Chuck.

As always, please ask your members to return support to Pearson by providing
formal reviews and/or informal feedback-good, bad or indifferent! We welcome
any feedback. Please send them to:  <mailto:usergroups at informit.com>
usergroups at informit.com

Members may also wish to post to Amazon.com, BN.com, Slashdot.org, or any
relevant technical site that accepts user content.

Last but not least, Pearson is producing a conference dedicated to the
Google Web Toolkit in San Francisco, Dec 3-6.
<http://www.voicesthatmatter.com/gwt2007> www.voicesthatmatter.com/gwt2007
Please let me know if GWT has been a topic of interest for your group and I
will send along some registration coupon information.

COPY AND PASTE into your member communications:

User Group members will receive up to 35% off every purchase on informIT.com
and our partner imprint sites ( <http://www.ciscopress.com> ciscopress.com
and  <http://www.ibmpressbooks.com> ibmpressbooks.com)! Just follow these
easy steps for added savings:

-- Go to
<https://memberservices.informit.com/my_account/login.aspx?partner=53>
www.informit.com/join to create an account
-- Enter the following member code: USERGROUP

-- You are only required to register and apply the member code once, but you
must be logged in to automatically receive the special pricing.