[CALUG] Linux on a laptop

Eric Bassett ebassett at tenablesecurity.com
Fri Apr 11 14:00:43 EDT 2008

If you know your hardware, you can always compile Gentoo on it from scratch.
It'll probably give you the best performance as well.  However, the
installation can be a daunting task which is why there's a meaty handbook to
follow.  I say give it a shot - you'll definitely look at things differently
after knocking out a Gentoo Stage 1 installation.