[CALUG] using an XP PC as a print server?

mhartwx mhartwx at sprintmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:04:42 EDT 2008

My 'orphan' Canon multipass F80 is a fine piece of machinery but it has always
been a paperweight in Linux & will be for MS Vista.  So once I replace my 2003
dual-boot Mandriva / XP PC, is there a way to use this old PC to run the F80
using the XP drivers?  I've now got Verizon FIOS & would like to have new & old
PC's networked thru the verizon router.  I've been googling network printing
with Linux & XP but all the info I've found seems to want to use Linux print
drivers & Samba to handle the XP printing.  I haven't found anything about using
XP drivers on the printer PC from a networked Linux machine.
	mlh