[CALUG] [Novalug] My EeePC 1000 Review

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Wed Aug 13 10:31:21 EDT 2008

Hi Megan,

Yes, there should be some way to disable the services via the command
terminal, and that is what I plan on doing.

The catch is there is no terminal application in the listed apps in
the default install.  To get a terminal you must press CTRL-ALT-T.  I
had mentioned it as an issue in the review because of the default on
status, the lack of gui controls for it, the lack of the firewall
restricting it, and the fact a Linux newbie or casual user would
likely not know how to deal with it (or that it might be an issue at
all).

But, for someone with some Linux understanding and the knowledge of
how to get to a terminal window (or google for the answer to the
trick) there should be some way to disable those services.

Cheers,
David