[CALUG] Way Off-Topic: was Re: Linux TV show

Rob Payne inagada.davita at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 20:06:00 EST 2008

Haroon Khalid wrote:
> Some dude on the gentoo forum just said I would need a hot girl or else
> nobody would want to watch a couple of nerds talking.

As the old TechTV showed us (before they destroyed it), the girl does
not necessarily have to be hot, only nerd-hot, you know - "she's a nerd
and smart, and therefore, more hot than she would be if she was being
judged based on looks alone" (I'm thinking of Morgan Webb, who used to
be the geeky frumpy girl.  I will grant that she has improved her look
quite a bit with an extreme makeover in style.).  Similar to what a
current or former military type might describe as "Army hot."  A friend
overheard a Marine officer on a flight back to the US from Iraq speaking
to a female, asking, "How does it feel to be ugly again?"

Googling around trying to remember Morgan's name brought me to a
relevant, and point-reinforcing web site featuring some guy pining over
the nerd girls of TechTV.
http://www.chefelf.com/techtv-ladies.shtml

Rob