[CALUG] Linux software management

Brandon Checketts brandon at brandonchecketts.com
Mon Jan 7 14:56:48 EST 2008

Russ,

rpmforge actually has a package to install, that will install the the necessary
files.  I usually do this:

Find the appropriate file from
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/rpmforge-release/   It will be named
0.3.6.el<VERSION>.rf.<ARCH>.rpm

Where VERSION is either 4 or 5 depending on whether you are using CentOS4 or
CentOS5.  ARCH should be either i386 or x86_64

wget
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh rpmforge*

You can then 'yum install whatever' and it should include the rpmforge repositories.

Hope that helps,
Brandon Checketts