[CALUG] Volume settings gets reset on reboot

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 20:58:05 EST 2008

I answered my own question: Sound on PCLOS is Alsa and /etc/init.d/sound
starts the daemon.

Looking at that file suggested that /etc/asound.state held all the settings
of my current sound card settings. It also had a command in there to store
the configuration.

alsactl -f my.sound.settings store

Once this was done, I copied that file to /etc/asound.state as root. Problem
Solved.

-GGR

--
Rajiv G Gunja