[CALUG] Meeting Reminder -- Wednesday October 8

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Sun Oct 5 22:35:19 EDT 2008

Greetings All,

I want to remind everyone that our October meeting will be this
Wednesday October 8th.

We will be welcoming back Barry Grundy from http://www.linuxleo.com
fame. You will remember him from his excellent June talk on "Linux and
Computer Forensics". This time he will be speaking on data recovery
using FOSS tools.

The main areas he will be covering are recovery from:

- media with errors (bad sectors)
- hosed partition tables and file systems
- file recovery (deleted files or formatted disks)

So be sure to mark October 8th in your calendar. We will be meeting as
normal at the Columbia office of Tenable Network Security located at:

7063 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046

Please use the back patio entrance by the blue tables.

Hope to see you there!

Chuck