[CALUG] Thanks again (was: Re: resizing a partition with parted, no need to preserve data?)

Ed Browne edward_d_browne at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 05:49:08 EDT 2008

Good idea.  I tried it, but it didn't affect the problem (I wish I knew
what 'parted's problem is with the filesystem it doesn't like.)  So
I just screwed up my courage and deleted the partition with fdisk.
(This of course renumbered my OS partition down from 7 to 6,
so I had to go through all the gyrations with grub to get it back
to a bootable condition.)  Then I was able to create the enlarged
new partition with fdisk, now at /dev/sda8, and put a new fs on
it.

Thanks again - Ed