[CALUG] Dell Inspiron Mini 9

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Fri Sep 5 10:46:41 EDT 2008

I put my order in for an Ubuntu version yesterday with all the bells and
whistles. I have some concerns over the keyboard but I'm not worried about
it as it won't be a primary machine and I'd rather the larger keys than
dedicated Fx keys. The downside for the Ubuntu version is that the shipping
date is well into October, and the XP is about 2 weeks out.

The oddest thing about this one to me is there's no mic built in or an
option (other than an external). Of course I can hope that I can pair a
bluetooth headset and go that route (Chris, per your response on the
Ubuntu-Maryland list, can you comment on this?)