[CALUG] iPod Nano, Amarok and Music Player

Ed Browne edward_d_browne at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 15:56:21 EDT 2009

I'm trying to manage a 4th Generation iPod nano on linux,
on Ubuntu with a 2.6.24 kernel.  I read a couple of good
entries on using Amarok to manage it.  It doesn't quite
work, but I think I'm getting close.  I'll gladly accept any
advice on this, but what's really getting in my way right
now is something much simpler - how do you get this
damn Music Browser to stop launching itself over and
over on the iPod (I woudn't mind if it worked, but it
definitely doesn't)?   I tried going to System->Preferred
Applications->Multimedia, where Music Browser
was specified, but even changing that to Amarok doesn't
cause Amarok to launch in place of Music Browser,
Music Browser just keeps launching itself.

Thanks again - Ed