[CALUG] Software Freedom Day 2009 Speaker Request

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Thu Aug 6 13:01:24 EDT 2009

Software Freedom Day 2009 planning is getting into full swing!

As the Ubuntu Maryland team did last year, we are planning a day of
talks and discussions about Open Source Software and its benefits. While
there may be a bias towards the Linux platform in general and the Ubuntu
distribution in particular we are open to talks on Open Source projects
for any OS platform. In addition we are hoping to have some talks on
open formats and standards.

The important aspect to remember about these talks are they should be
geared toward end users. They should have a tone along the lines of "how can
FLOSS benefit the person sitting before me and learning this subject for
the first time?"

There are two types of talks we will be looking at providing. One is a
longer format consisting of talks 25-45 minutes in length. These will be
projects and concepts that include more content and demos. The other
talks will be ranging from 10-15 minutes to briefly go over a subject or
project.

We are currently looking for speakers who have topics they would like to
present on. Also we are looking for topics that the you, the attendee
would like to hear about. If you have suggestions or questions please
email us at sfd09 at ubuntu-maryland.org and we'll see about getting
you set up!