[CALUG] FLOSS with Craig, tonight at 8

Craig Younkins cyounkins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 15:29:28 EST 2009

Join us to help out the FLOSS community tonight at 8 in IRC and Mumble.

Last week (after I configured my firewall properly!) Mumble worked very well
for our communication, so we'll be doing that again tonight. Here's the
information from last week:

Mumble *1.1.8* is in the Ubuntu and Fedora repositories as 'mumble'. Not
sure about others. Clients are also available for Windows and Mac OS
at the sourceforge
download page <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/>. Just make
sure you grab 1.1.8 and not the 1.2 beta as they are not compatible with
each other. After it's installed, there is a nice setup wizard for audio.
You should probably enable 'echo cancellation' and bind a key for
push-to-talk (like super/windows). When you connect to the server using the
information below, you'll get a warning that the SSL certificate is
self-signed. This is normal, and you can go ahead and click OK.

Email the list if you have troubles!

Mumble: umbclug.gotdns.com:64738  (server will be up later, closer to 8)
IRC: #umbclinux on irc.oftc.net

Also see how to use IRC<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat>.
I hope to see you there!

--