[CALUG] sound recorder for F12 ??

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 12:27:32 EST 2009

hi,

I want to get some basic audio from a  audio cassette
line input or mike input.  Can't seem to do this simple thing.

I need a sound recorder for F12. The gnome version.
"gnome-sound recorder" seems to be absent on F12.
One F12 user manual says to use gnome sound recorder.
But it ain't there... and not in the gnome-media rpm I have.

Audacity on the "everything" site is labeled for f11, and
have a zillion dependencies on other f11 software.  (I'd like to
avoid Audacity if possible because of this problem... but may use
yumdownloader -- see below )

Is there a kde version of a sound recorder ?
I have the kde/qt base packages installed.

variant:
One problem is the F12 isn't directly on the net.
I have a F10 which is on the net.
I'd like to use yumdownloader on F10 to retrieve the so-called
F12 packages ( for Audacity or whatever is recommended )
using the F10 box.  A few tries with the command didn't help.

suggestions ?

thanks,.