[CALUG] March Speaker Announcement

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Thu Feb 26 22:40:53 EST 2009

Greetings All,

It's time again to announce our next speaker for the Columbia Area Linux
Users Group. On March 11th we will be welcoming Sean Wilkerson from
http://www.aplura.com and he will be giving his talk "Centralizing Security
Data - Current threats, trends, and deployment considerations".

Sean talked with us in October 2007 about SIM deployment preparation.
This talk will pick up where the other one left off and will address
current threat trends facing networks today and how to monitor this
activity across your enterprise using central logging solutions deployed
on linux systems.  Sean will share what has worked and a lot of what
hasn't worked during some of his recent central logging implementation
projects covering 4 different US agencies and commercial organizations.

So be sure to come out and join us at the offices of Tenable Network
Security in Columbia, MD at 7pm on March 11th.

Chuck
http://calug.org