[CALUG] Linux resource usage

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 07:58:38 EST 2009

Its been a few years since I was managing 600 Linux servers at my work, so
forgot what all tools I had in place for data collection for Operations to
monitor.

Not sure if anyone here uses AIX, but IBM has a cool tool which works on AIX
and Linux - nmon. It updates the screen similar to top, but unlike top, its
statistics can be sent to a spreadsheet and there are tools available to
create graphs on excel, for those who like to pictures than statistics.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/WikiPtype/nmon

-GGR

--
Rajiv G Gunja