[CALUG] outputting PDF or PS from FOSS?

John Alan Hastings jah1066 at aol.com
Sat Jun 27 15:07:09 EDT 2009

Ed,

>From the File menu choose either File->Export... or File->Export as PDF.
This latter will give you a number of options about the PDF file, but in
all liklihood, the defaults will be appropriate.

You can also simply print, and in the printer dialog check the box print
to file.  This will give you a ps file.

A third option is a program: cups-pdf, which will install a virtual
printer called CUPS-PDF.  Printing to this printer prints to a pdf file.

My experience has been the first two choices are quite good: I have had
no problems reported back when I have given someone a pdf produced by
open office.  The ps files also work perfectly, but are substantially
larger.  cups-pdf also works, but seems a little bit crunchy on the edges.

Alan