[CALUG] Apache logs

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Jun 28 22:15:10 EDT 2009

From: Jason C. Miller <jason.c.miller at gmail.com>

Also From: Jason C. Miller <jason.c.miller at gmail.com>
> So, I've got a PKI-enabled web server (Apache) and our company
> is
mandating that we log all attempts to access our site with
> an expired
certificate.

Is this related to your RDP/SmartCard e-mail/thread?
Are you interfacing with Active Directory Services (ADS)?
I assume you're getting hit with a lot of security-related
requirements as of late?  ;)

I'm just seeing these different e-mails/threads from yourself
and now assume they are related.  Am I correct?  ;)

-- Bryan

P.S.  Just remember, whatever the Windows guys say Linux
doesn't do is not only false, but virtually _all_ of Windows'
security mechanisms (at least the good ones and not legacy
NT ones) are based on open source / open standard developments
also supported in the UNIX / Linux world (and started there).

--
Bryan J Smith          Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith