[CALUG] July 8 Meeting Announcement -- Different Location

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Mon Jun 29 23:28:51 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the late notice on this.

Our topic for the July 8th meeting will be 'Why should I care about
GnuPG [In The F/OSS Community]'. I will be giving a presentation based
off of an email I received recently with the subject of "I want to
learn more about GPG". There are many tutorials about how to create
keys, that you should used it to encrypt email, verify signatures and
such. Then there are the other extremes of the theories and maths
behind public key encryption and how it works (If this is of interest
be sure to check out the July 2008 CALug presentation from Alan
Hastings).

This talk will be on the middle ground. I'll talk about some of the
areas where I found the questions from the email interesting and will
discuss some of the topics brought up. Among them will be:

How do you manage keys?
Why sign keys and have your key signed?
Real names vs internet anonymity.
Why is GPG trust important in F/OSS?

As was discussed at the June meeting we will be meeting at a different
location for July. We will be meeting at Bridge Education located at:

6716 Alexander Bell Drive
Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
Google Maps: http://tinyurl.com/m5qugj

Tom Vielandi sent the following about Bridge Education:

Bridge Education is a local technical training provider with their HQ
in Columbia, MD and other centers located in CO, ME and VA. We provide
authorized training courses that can be delivered in Instructor Led
and E-learning environments. We specialize in conforming our training
solutions to meet specific customer requirements and configurations.
An overview of the technologies we teach is listed below:

Programming Languages – Java, Java EE, J2EE, Perl

Framework – WebLogic, WebSphere, Microsoft, JBoss, Ruby on Rails

Storage – Veritas, Hitachi

Methodologies – Agile PM, Scrum

Network and Security – Cisco, Symantec

Emerging Technologies – Web 2,0, Virtualization, Cloud Computing,
Ubuntu Linux, Spring Framework.

Our address is     6716 Alexander Bell Drive . Suite 100. Columbia, MD 21046
My contact info is listed below in case anyone has any questions.

Cordially,

Tom Vielandi
Education Sales Consultant
Bridge Education