[CALUG] outputting PDF or PS from FOSS?

Ed Browne edward_d_browne at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 16:56:53 EDT 2009

Thanks to all who responded, I can indeed output pdf from
O.O. (I perhaps quit trying too easily, based on the difference
in price between acroread, $0, and acrobat Pro, $699, thinking
that only reading pdf is free, as in free beer.)  Thanks also
for all the other worthwhile suggestions - Liberation Fonts,
Lyx, cups-pdf, Realeyes (good looking manual), docbook,
CutePDF, and maybe more.  As soon as I get my final
project turned in, I'm going to look into them.

Thanks very much again - Ed