[CALUG] using inkscape for digital storytelling

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Tue Nov 10 09:57:46 EST 2009

hi calug community,

     when i created this short youtube video tribute about my parents
a couple of years ago, i used the appleworks drawing program on my
mac. today i would use inkscape.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY76V--AitQ

      i'm predicting that within a year (or less), youtube will allow
you to upload an mp3 audio file -- in conjunction with a graphics file
-- and youtube will stitch these together into a "video."

       this kind of thing is already possible via this experimental
service -- which places an ugly overlay on your youtube video.

       http://mp32tube.com/

        youtube can also displays some pretty nice high-def these
days. check out this short demo video created with inkscape and
kdenlive.

       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqRB45FALX0

        just curious, is there anyone in calug who has tried out
kdenlive -- the video editing program.  i haven't looked at it yet,
but i'm ready to switch my video editing from apple to linux.

             phil

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro