[CALUG] reading live CD files ??..

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Sun Nov 22 22:00:05 EST 2009

One way is not to use Live CDs.

Given that USB drives are bigger and faster, I claim tha Live CDs are
obsolete.

However, to answer your question (or at least get you started) most Live
CDs seem to use the squashfs  filesystem. It's implemented as a module.
Next time you run one, type "lsmod | sort | less" and see if you can
figure out which one it is.

Now if it's available on some other kernel, you can load it and figure
out how to mount it.

Google for something like "live cd squashfs" and read what comes back.

Good Luck.

JIM