[CALUG] modest linux camera: feedback

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:21:03 EDT 2010

Sorry for the late response. I went through most of the email thread.
you want a digital camera which was compatible with Linux? Or you wanted a
digital camera to use as a webcam?

I have Canon G7 and now Canon T2i, both or them get recognised as canon
digital camera, though G7 shows up as G7.
I use digikam and have always used digikam since 2004.

The version that comes with Mandriva 2010.1 is 1.3.0 and the kipi plugins
are awesome.

>From digikam, I can: export to a number of things: flash, picasa, facebook,
create a gallery, ipod, flickr, etc.
It is a full fledged photo management system. It is not a photo Editor.

With G7, I cannot capture images when connected to the PC, but with Canon
T2i (550d), I can.
(digikam)Import -> Camera -> Canon digital camera -> capture -> capture.

If I have gone off in tangent, let me know what you were looking for. I am
now in the process of choosing an image editor on Linux, of course for now,
I am sticking with Picasa and Gimp. My friends are recomending Photoshop,
but unfortunately the Windows PC I have is on an atom cpu and will not have
the horse power to run photoshop.

-GGR

--
Rajiv G Gunja