[CALUG] Newbie Introduction

John Alan Hastings jah1066 at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 15:07:28 EST 2010

Jim,

Welcome.  You sound like one of us already (although I am not sure that
anyone with twelve years of Slackware under his belt is allowed to call
himself a newbie).

We are an eclectic bunch.  We have more than a few heavyweights but
lightweights and middleweights  fit right in.  We have some old "big
iron" veterans who still haven't gotten all of the punched card chips
out of the cuffs of their pants; we have some teenagers.  We have quite
a few Ubuntu activists, but we do not look down our noses at SuSE,
Redhat or (for that matter) even Xandros (well, Xandros, maybe a
little).  A few of us remember Yggdrasl, and a few of us have done Linux
from scratch.

(As for the weather gods, I think they understand Linux.  I think they
understand that every once and a while everyone needs a really good
excuse to spend the entire day in robe and slippers, hacking Linux).

Most of all, we are a community.  Come.  Be welcome.  We are having fun;
join us.

Alan

--
Alan Hastings