[CALUG] library script

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Sun Jul 11 00:13:54 EDT 2010

On 7/9/2010 12:39 PM, Ken Jackson wrote:
> I'm with you 100%.
>
> Even though 80 columns has it's roots in an ancient, arbitrary hardware
> limitation, it remains an excellent and reasonable limit.
>
> Unfortunately, many of my coworkers see it as an unnecessary
> anachronism.
>
> -Ken

Of course they do...what do mere children know? They probably never
printed a listing and marked it up.

But ultimately, what it's All About is Readability. Don't Make Me Think.
Don't make me strain to Locate The Meaning.

I want to see "Twitterfied" whose meaning Jumps Into My Head at a Mere
Glance.

Yeah, I used to write murky dense one-liners, and I mean APL here, but I
got tired of figuring out what I meant.

Any Fool can make something Complex. It takes a Genius to make it Simple.

I'll settle for somewhere In Between.

JIM