[CALUG] OSSinAction

Rich Goodwin Rich.Goodwin at PinnaclePointTechnologies.com
Sun Mar 7 13:45:19 EST 2010

OK.  I have the beginnings of a site to demo for FOSE.  The spiel is we
are demoing the Tux.org Enterprise.  Joomla is used as a content
manager.  Links would be to the applications we have to demo.  These are
(at this point):

      * OSSinAction (Joomla site)
      * Business apps

                HRM (OrangeHRM) CRM (SugarCRM and/or opencrx) Project
                Management (dotProject) OpenOffice Wiki (Mediawiki) Blog
                (Wordpress) Forums (phpBB) Content Management

                        Joomla Drupal (OpenID enabled for
                        authentication) Enterprise Content Manager (Al
                        Fresco) - getting a VM

      * Education

                Tux High (Moodle) Tux High Administration (openAdmin) -
                forthcoming I believe

      * Healthcare

                Outbreeak and Disease Surveillance S/W - Healthcare
                (http://openrods.sourceforge.net/) Healthcare
                Information System (PatientOS) Medical practice
                management s/w (openEMR - http://www.oemr.org/; demo @
                http://opensourceemr.com:2096/openemr/interface/login/login_frame.php) Medical and other imager visulaization (3D Slicer - http://www.slicer.org/)

      * Infrsatructure/Networking

                nagios webmin MySQL & Postgres

The applications that have no  links - I need help with configuring and
populating info.    Chris Rogers was generous to offer two hosts that we
can use (I have the IPs).

Better said - I need help with everything.  Les R is providing the
openAdmin work - THANKS Les!!  Jay Hart is helping with Moodle.  The
goal there is to make up a list of classes one would like to see in the
Open Source arena (hey - it COULD lead to something here!)

So, if you are database smart - I know there is an app which uses
Postgres that would be worth configuring.  MySQL is used in conjunction
with Joomla, Drupal and a few other things already.

I am scriblinng this off because I need to go out.  If you can help -
please drop me a line.

Rich