[CALUG] Android SDK

John Alan Hastings jah1066 at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 15:09:52 EDT 2010

I don't think that is the issue.  1 GB of ram should be enough and the
swap is whatever Ubuntu set up--the hard disk is 250 GB so it was
probaby generous.  The problem seems to be that there are critical
errors, and memory leaks.  With memory leaks, no amount of ram and swap
will ever be enough.

As to EeePC being up to the job, it wouldn't be if you used only the
software that comes with it;  Windows "Starter Edition" is a euphemism
for crippleware.  When you put Linux on it you find that it is a
surprisingly powerful machine.

--
| A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man
| contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
|                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Alan Hastings
jah1066 at aol.com
GnuPG/PGP Public key, 2010: 8C4489C4