[CALUG] konqueror is funny (crash)

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:36:53 EST 2011

Looking at the code, it is faulty.

01. The programmer intended to comment lines 70,71 and 72, but failed to do
so. Instead, he/she commented out the entire code from line 70 to the end.
Once I commented out those 3 lines (line 70a) <!-- and ending with --> (line
72b), the page loaded without issues.

70a <!--
70b <!--P>
71  <!--B><!--A HREF="http://www.bcpl.net/help/">BCPL Tech Support
Pages</A></B>
72a <!--p>
72b -->

02. The programmer is trying to use HTML 4.0, but is not following any of
its standards. The code starts off with Windows HTML editor and has too many
of the "&nbsp;", which is really bad way to get the text to move to its
place.

I recently started writing html/php/JS/ajax code and I know how tempting it
is to use a WYSIWYG editor, but we end up getting so much more junk than we
intended.

Yes, writing CSS or using "tables" is more work for a simple text page, but
the results are standard and works well on all browsers. (except IE, which
seems to have its own mind).

--
Rajiv G Gunja
Blog: http://ossrocks.blogspot.com