[CALUG] irc client in Fedora 12

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 20:08:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

I found pidgin in a fedora in repo /Everything dir online,
although I'm disappointed at how difficult fedora made
it to find a F12 repository.

pidgin requires yet additional files including a gstreamer.
I installed a bunch of those last year.. and now more ?
Will examine the dependencies.

Also found the last F12 empathy update and installed including the empathy libs.
Didn't look any different upon clicking.

Did look at the FAQ ( actually, looked 2 days ago ) you linked to.
Pretty unhelpful since I can't get past step one.
But then, not getting that far may be helpful for someone
who knows the problem.

Will consider the other options: Irssi (?) and XChat--  again XChat wasn't
in the distro DVD I had, but will look at whats needed in the online repo.

thanks,

Celebrating over 13,000 emails in my Yahoo Inbox !