[CALUG] Fedora upgrade unsuccessful

Joe joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 07:56:15 EDT 2011

All,

I’m working on upgrading my Amahi 5/F12 install to Amahi 6.1/F14 and I’m running into an issue.

First off, during the system check, the installer comes back and says it can’t save the install.img file in /boot (/dev/sda1) because the partition is too small.  Then after I’ve had preupgrade-cli download all the files and rebooted the system, I get a msg saying:

“The following file systems for your system were not unmounted cleanly.  Please boot your installation, let the file systems be checked and shut down cleanly to upgrade.  (/dev/sda1)”

The reboot does not fsck that partition and I can’t do it while mounted.  Is there some way I can get around this hurdle or can I just use a F14 install disk for the upgrade?