[CALUG] Fedora upgrade unsuccessful

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Jun 10 19:56:28 EDT 2011

What message is the GUI tool giving you?

If things get really messed up, you usually have to clear out the caches
specific to Preupgrade (under /var/cache/).

Lack of disk space in /boot and /var (or / if /var is not separate) are
typically the common culprit, as incomplete files will be left if they fill up
in the middle.  This is common with any distro, as Anaconda-YUM uses /boot and
/var/cache just like Debian-APT uses /boot and /var/cache too.