[CALUG] Fedora upgrade unsuccessful

Joe joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 11 12:53:41 EDT 2011

And I was following this document:

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/F12_to_F14_update

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 12:22 PM
To: calug at unknownlamer.org
Subject: Re: [CALUG] Fedora upgrade unsuccessful

For what it's worth here's my grub.conf:

$ sudo more grub.conf
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/mapper/vg_server0-lv_root
#          initrd /initrd-[generic-]version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=1
timeout=0
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Upgrade to Fedora 14 (Laughlin)
    kernel /upgrade/vmlinuz preupgrade repo=hd::/var/cache/yum/preupgrade
ks=hd:UUID=706664cb-53af-4399-9f80-6554424247e9:/upgra
de/ks.cfg
stage2=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/14/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/install.img
    initrd /upgrade/initrd.img
title Fedora (2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64)
    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64 ro
root=/dev/mapper/vg_server0-lv_root  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16
KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us rhgb quiet
    initrd /initramfs-2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64.img
title Fedora (2.6.31.5-127.fc12.x86_64)
    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.31.5-127.fc12.x86_64 ro
root=/dev/mapper/vg_server0-lv_root  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16
KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us rhgb quiet
    initrd /initramfs-2.6.31.5-127.fc12.x86_64.img

Now that I'm looking at it I realize I NEVER see this menu.  I would not be
surprised if Amahi disabled this.  Do I need to uncomment that "boot=..."
line?