[CALUG] Flash talks on computing this evening (6/22)

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Wed Jun 22 08:25:28 EDT 2011

The Baltimore ACM Chapter invites you to join us for our second annual
Flash Talks on Computing, in conjunction with our annual meeting.

 http://bacm.us/content/2011/05/flash-talks-computing-annual-meeting-june-22-2011.

The program will consist of eight 5-minute flash talks on various
topics related to computing:

 * How to Make a Difference in National IT Policy with USACM - Emil
Volcheck (USACM)

 * Enterprise Information Systems Architectural Framework - Wole
Akpose (HNT Solutions, Morgan State)

 * The Mechanics of Web-Scale Services: An Engineer's Perspective -
David Barnett (Lotame)

 * Internet voting: can we make it secure for private organizations? -
Bill Edelstein (JHU)

 * BmoreSmart: Nonprofits Need IT Support Too! - Scott Burkholder (BmoreSmart)

 * Ethical Issues in Computing - Prof. Joyce Currie Little (Towson University)

 * Electronic Health Records: - 3 approaches from 3 standards bodies -
Roy Albin (ActioNet)

 * Using Sound for Program Understanding - Lewis Berman (Loyola
University Maryland)

When: Wednesday, June 22nd, 8:00 PM

Where: The Engineering Society of Baltimore
11 W. Mount Vernon Place
Baltimore, MD 21201
http://www.esb.org/

This meeting is free and open to the public.

--
Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://EmilVolcheck.com/