[CALUG] Fwd: Learn about FOSS at Penguin Day D.C. - March 20th

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Fri Mar 4 10:00:06 EST 2011

----- Forwarded message from cozimek at picnet.net -----
     Date: 1 Mar 2011 14:03:17 -0000
     From: "Ryan W. Ozimek" <cozimek at picnet.net>
  Subject: [501 Tech Club DC] Learn about Free and Open Source
Software at Penguin Day D.C. - March 20th
       To: "501techclub-dc at groups.nten.org" <501techclub-dc at groups.nten.org>

Hi 501TechClub DC friends,

Penguin Day is coming to our hometown of Washington DC on Sunday, March 20,
right after the Non-Profit Technology Conference.  If you're going to the
NTC, coming here is another heaping spoon of open source knowledge you can
bring back to your team.  We'd love to see you there!

Josephine Butler Parks Center
2437 15th Street NW, Washington, DC
10am - 4pm
Sunday, March 20, 2011

** REGISTER HERE:  http://bit.ly/penguindaydc2011register **

Penguin Days are designed to let nonprofits and social justice activists
learn about free and open source software that can support their work and
potentially save them money, including tools for web publishing,
fundraising, blogging, and campaigning.

## Sessions will include ##

* Introduction to Free and Open Source Software
* Making sense of Free and Open Source Content Management Systems
* Participating in Free and Open Source Communities
* Introduction to Blogging with Wordpress
* Introduction to Free and Open Source Desktop Applications
* Free Culture, Creative Commons And Open Content
* Managing Constituents with CiviCRM
* Mozilla Drumbeat and the Open Web

....and we encourage anyone who wants to add or request a session topic to do
so!

Penguin Day DC 2011 is happening a short distance away from the NTC.

We invite you to register now for Penguin Day DC.  Self-serve sliding-scale
registrations available.  Contact us for more info: info at aspirationtech.org.

Penguin Day DC 2011 is organized by your friends at Aspiration and PICnet.
It's looking to be a great day and we hope to see lots of you there!

Best,
Ryan

Empower your organization with a new Web site!
Non-Profit Soapbox
http://www.nonprofitsoapbox.com

Ryan W. Ozimek
PICnet, Inc. - http://www.picnet.net
1605 Connecticut Ave, NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20009
P: 202.585.0239
F: 202.280.1175
T: http://www.twitter.com/cozimek
"Empowering the missions of non-profits through technology"

~~~----~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Affinity Group Links:

  * To reply to sender (Ryan Ozimek):
    cozimek at picnet.net

  * To view sender's profile, click this link:
    http://groups.nten.org/profile.htm?mode=vp&pid=469

  * To visit this affinity group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.nten.org/group.htm?igid=6624

  * To send email to entire affinity group:
    501techclub-dc at groups.nten.org

  * To email the affinity group moderator(s) (Benjamin, Riche):
    501techclub-dc-moderator at groups.nten.org

  * Stop email from this affinity group: