[CALUG] BB Tethering/T-mobile

Tin Van cappie592008 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 18:40:13 EST 2011

Hi,

I tried to setup my BB tethering with Ubuntu 9 with T-Mobile.
Doing the following commands:
$sudo python bbtether.py tmobile-epc-chat
[sudo] password for user:
BBTether 0.3j
Thibaut Colar - 2009
More infos: http://wiki.colar.net/bbtether
Use '-h' flag for more informations : 'python bbtether.py -h'.
--------------------------------
Looking for USB devices:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 1241:1122
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0a5c:5800
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0fca:8004
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
USB Device lookup finished
Reading prefs from /home/user/.bbtether.conf
Using saved EP data: 0, 135, 9, 138, 11
Using Data Endpoint Pair:0x87/0x9
Using Modem pair: 0x8a/0xb
Claiming interface 0
error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bbtether.py", line 27, in <module>
bbtether.start(options, args)
File "/home/user/Desktop/blackberry/bbtether/bbtether/bb_tether.py", line 128,
in start
berry.read_infos()
File "/home/user/Desktop/blackberry/bbtether/bbtether/bb_data.py", line 36, in
read_infos
self.pin=bb_usb.get_pin(self)
File "/home/user/Desktop/blackberry/bbtether/bbtether/bb_usb.py", line 286, in
get_pin
usb_write(device, device.writept, COMMAND_PIN)
File "/home/user/Desktop/blackberry/bbtether/bbtether/bb_usb.py", line 304, in
usb_write
device.handle.bulkWrite(endpt, bytes, timeout)
usb.USBError: error submitting URB: No such file or directory

1. Up to the line of:
Claiming interface 0
error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory

2. On the Ubuntu and Network, I setup with T-Mobile/AP is ept.tmobile.com; but
never get it connected. It does not look like the RIM device is recognized when
hooked up?

I supposed to get this after recognizing the RIM:Claiming interface 0
Pin: 0x30c49b33

Have you run into something like this before? Where can I get more info? Could
it be I have no BB driver in this version of Ubuntu? how to check and update?
Thanks for your advice,
Tin
cappie592008 at yahoo.com