[CALUG] adding simple text to images

Sean Wilkerson swilkerson at aplura.com
Thu Mar 10 09:33:54 EST 2011

Walt,

I like ImageMagick as well for batch work etc., and it is very powerful,
but I recently discovered "shutter" which is a VERY simple GUI utility
for doing light image actions such as screenshots, crop,
simple-manipulation, and text-adding.
http://shutter-project.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/shutter/

It is in the standard ubuntu repos, not sure about other distros.
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/graphics/shutter
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/shutter

I think you will like it, and it is very easy/simple to use.  Imagine
mspaint for Linux yet considerably more functional and not as annoying.

Sean