[CALUG] Nic naming; CALUG Digest, Vol 51, Issue 16

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 12:53:57 EDT 2011

hi,

I scanned by eye an article recently on this issue, and
remembered it because I had not heard of it before.
Apparently, if a "pc" type box has multiple ethernet interfaces,
it's possible that on each boot the designators can occur
in different sequences. Of course, this causes a naming problem for
sys admins.

a google might find the article; I probably saw it on lwn.net.