[CALUG] IPV6 demo/learning lab

waltechmail at yahoo.com waltechmail at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 11:18:39 EDT 2011

With IPV4 addresses mostly parceled out,  I was wondering if a

lab in a monthly meeting to demonstrate exclusively ipv6 would
be worthwhile ( for interest and education )?

Create a small "home office" type of network using say 4-5 laptops,
perhaps a switch, and a wireless connection.   Each laptop could
offer one or several common services such as a web server, time,
nfs etc...

Perhaps have one or two guys chart the interconnect and services on
a whiteboard as they are established, and main parameters.
(Might be a good demonstration of the theory of chaos ).
Could it be done in 2 hours ?

Is this idea off-the-wall, good or just bad (I don't get offended too easily). ?
Is IPv6 so easy to setup that this idea is isn't worth it ?

thanks,

Celebrating over 12,000 emails in my Yahoo Inbox !