[CALUG] Android versions

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 17:33:32 EDT 2011

HI,

Just wondering if anyone was familiar with the
Android market ... specifically the version usage.
This is strictly a curiosity Q.

I've seen advertisements from some of the more inexpensive
"pad"/small tablet makers that look like new products
at low prices.   Many seemingly new advertise Android say, 2.2
vs a 3.1 thats reaching the market.

Are makers actually introducing new product with a much "older"
Android version ? If so, why? And what is the difference between
Android 2.x and 3.x, other than ( speculating ) "newer" hardware ?

I would assume there is also better software functionality, but why
aren't the cheaper tablets/pads using later SW?

thx,

Walt.....
Celebrating over 14,000 emails in my Yahoo Inbox !