[CALUG] ver eye zone d s l

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 23:45:12 EDT 2011

hi,

I know there's been discussion in the past on "higher"
Internet speeds slightly beyond dialup- which I still
have.  So, I'm asking for an update.  I don't perceive
I really need beyond 750k-1 meg (I doubt anyone would
ever get the one meg) bits.

I was wondering what the consensus was on attempting to
get something like DSL  ( only dsl ) and using something
like "magicJack" for viop phone service ?  ( asking a magic question
3 times, cajoling, begging, threatening to disconnect etc... )

I know that for some time, the advertised price ( approx $19.95 )
for dsl is when you already have an analog line.  So the ~$19
is above the ~$25-$30 a person is paying for analog.  ( as Ver eye zone
obviously wants to keep a cudtomer in lock ).

So, is it possible to get JUST dsl? and if so, does you-know-who
block the service ports ( or other technical blocking )
for something like magicJack ?

thx,

Celebrating over 13,000 emails in my Yahoo Inbox !