[CALUG] ver eye zone d s l

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 23:06:10 EDT 2011

As usual, I left out something:
I'm in Baltimore City.

Thanks to the replies so far on list and off.

Walt........

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Walt Smith <waltechmail at yahoo.com> wrote:

hi,

I know there's been discussion in the past on "higher"

Internet speeds slightly beyond dialup- which I still

have.  So, I'm asking for an update.  I don't perceive

I really need beyond 750k-1 meg (I doubt anyone would

ever get the one meg) bits.

I was wondering what the consensus was on attempting to

get something like DSL  ( only dsl ) and using something

like "magicJack" for viop phone service ?  ( asking a magic question

3 times, cajoling, begging, threatening to disconnect etc... )

I know that for some time, the advertised price ( approx $19.95 )

for dsl is when you already have an analog line.  So the ~$19

is above the ~$25-$30 a person is paying for analog.  ( as Ver eye zone

obviously wants to keep a cudtomer in lock ).

So, is it possible to get JUST dsl? and if so, does you-know-who

block the service ports ( or other technical blocking )

for something like magicJack ?

thx,

Celebrating over 13,000 emails in my Yahoo Inbox !

CALUG at unknownlamer.org