[CALUG] CALUG Spam

Scott Mohnkern mohnkern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:59:19 EDT 2011

Some spammers are getting very creative, what they do is subscribe to a
list, pull up a list of email addresses of people subscribed to the list,
and then issue spams to the list setting one of the "older" members as the
FROM line.

The only real solution other than captcha (which is a pain) is to moderate
all posts, and have a large number of moderators.

Scott Mohnkern