[CALUG] April Meeting Announcement - HSMM-MESH networking

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Mon Apr 9 11:59:36 EDT 2012

Greetings all,

We have confirmed a speaker for our April 11th meeting. I'd like to
thank Kevin Whipp for agreeing to present for us on such short notice.

Kevin Whipp, W3KDW, a member of the Montgomery Amateur Radio Club(MARC),
will tell us about their work experimenting with the Linksys
WRT54G/GS/GL, running HSMM-MESH™ software from
http://www.hsmm-mesh.org/.

HSMM-MESH™ is a high speed, self discovering, self configuring, fault
tolerant, wireless computer network that can run for days from a fully
charged car battery, or indefinitely with the addition of a modest
solar array or other supplemental power source. The focus is on
emergency communications. In its current form it is built using the
Linksys WRT54G/GS/GL wireless router and operates on channels 1-6 of
the 2.4GHz ISM band, which overlaps with the upper portion of the 13cm
amateur radio band.

Please join us from 6:30-7 for pizza and soda provided by Praxis
Engineering (http://www.praxiseng.com). At 7 we will start the meeting
and presentation by Kevin.

As normal, this all takes place at the offices of Tenable Network
Security (http://tenable.com) located at 7063 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia, MD 21046. Please enter at the back patio with the blue tables.

See you then!